If a photo doesn't fit your frame perfectly, then the frame will crop out parts of the photo to utilize the entire display.
To reduce the risk of cropping out something important, the frame prioritizes to center the cropping around the important part: What Is “The Important Part”?
Should you prefer to skip the cropping and just display the photo in its full size, then here's a guide.
Change for a Photo
- Wait for the photo to appear
- Tap the screen to open the menu
- Select "Fit to frame"
To go back, simply repeat the steps for the photo.
Change for all Photos / Set the Default
- Go to Settings -> Slideshow
- Toggle the Fill frame option to change the default
- The frame will ask if you wish to change the setting for all photos